- The UK is the top choice for international students looking to
study abroad. Over 100,000 international students are studying in London every
year. International students come from over 200 different nations, making
London a global, vibrant and diverse city.
- There are over 45 universities in London, including top
multi-faculty universities and world-class specialist institutions.
- Several of the best universities in the world are located in the
UK, including four of the Times Higher Education top 40 universities.
- London universities offer over 30,000 courses from accounting,
business, engineering and law to marketing, medicine, politics and zoology.
- Universities in London have a combined research income of over
£500 million ($820 million), attracting not only the brightest students but
also renowned academics from across the globe.
- Current and past students and staff at London universities have
been involved in many discoveries that have shaped modern life, including the
discovery of DNA, fingerprints and penicillin.
- The UK is a centre for academic excellence. Over 70 Nobel Prize
laureates have studied or worked at a London university.
- The UK offers outstanding academic support and facilities for
students. There are over 120 different libraries, including the British Library
which houses over 150 million books. Three million new items are added to the
collection of the British Library every year.
- The UK’s cultural offering is ideal for students who are looking
for a culturally enriching study experience. There are over 1,000 museums and
galleries in London, and most of them are free!
- The UK is a great place for students to have fun. There are over
100 cinemas to watch the latest movies, over 100 parks to enjoy the British
sunshine, over 350 live music venues to discover the latest bands, over 5,000
restaurants to enjoy food from around the world and over 7,000 bars and pubs to
have fun with your friends.