About the process:
Quebec Skilled Worker Program is the application process for skilled workers who want to become permanent residents of Canada and live in Quebec. Quebec has a special agreement on immigration with the Government of Canada. The province has its own rules for choosing immigrants who will adapt well to living there.
To immigrate to Canada as a Quebec-selected skilled worker, you must apply in the following 2 stages:
- Apply to the Government of Quebec for a Quebec Selection Certificate (Certificat de sélection du Québec [CSQ]).
- The Province of Quebec will assess you, using its own rules.
- The certificate shows that the Province of Quebec has accepted you as an immigrant.
- If the Province of Quebec chooses you and gives you a CSQ, you must apply to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada for permanent residence.
These instructions are for your application for permanent residence only.
You can apply as a Quebec-selected skilled worker if you:
- hold a Quebec Selection Certificate (Certificat de sélection du Québec) from the Government of Quebec
- submit a complete permanent residence application, including police certificates
How to apply?
There are 3 main steps to apply:
- Get the application package
- Pay your application fees
- Submit your application
Get the application package
After the Province of Quebec has selected you:
- get the application package, which has
- a guide to help you fill out the forms correctly
- the forms you need to fill out
- fill out, print and sign the forms
Answer all of the questions carefully, completely and truthfully. There are serious consequences if you misrepresent yourself or hold back information on your application.
Pay your application fees
In most cases, your fees will include:
- processing fees for you and anyone you include on your application
- the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)
- third-party fees
You have to pay your fees online.
In most cases, you must pay a biometrics fee when you submit your application. Otherwise you may experience delays. The biometrics fee covers the cost of collecting fingerprints and a digital photo.
After you pay the biometrics fee with a complete application, IRCC will ll send you a letter confirming that you need to give your biometrics and where you can go. You must show this letter when you give your biometrics.
You must give your biometrics in person. Make sure to book an appointment if this service is offered.
Depending on your situation, you may need to pay third parties for:
- medical exams
- police certificates
- educational credential assessment
Submit your application
Make sure that you do not forget anything. If anything is missing:
- your application won’t be complete
- IRCC will send it back to you without processing it
- you will have to fix any errors and resubmit it