Express Entry Immigration Draws
Express Entry Immigration Draws: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) rank candidates in the pool using a points-based system called the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS).They select the highest-ranking candidates from the pool and invite them to apply for permanent residence.
Express Entry Immigration Draws invitation
Each invitation round has a set of instructions that are:
- posted online at the time of the invitation round
- used by the Express Entry system to invite candidates from the pool
The instructions include:
- the date and time of the invitation round
- the number of candidates that will get an invitation to apply
- which immigration program(s) are included in the round (some invitation rounds may only invite candidates for 1 program, for example only from Federal Skilled Trades)
What is Permanent Residency in Canada?
A permanent resident is someone who has been given permanent resident status by immigrating to Canada, but is not a Canadian citizen. Permanent residents are citizens of other countries.
Refugees who are resettled from overseas become permanent residents through the Government-Assisted Refugee Program or the Private Sponsorship of Refugees Program.
Someone who makes a refugee claim in Canada does not become a permanent resident at that time. To become one, the Immigration and Refugee Board must first approve their claim. Then, they must apply for and get permanent resident status.
What are the Benefits of Canadian Permanent Residency?
- Free Education till High School
- Subsidized post graduate studies
- Allowance for Unemployment
- Allowance for Childcare
- Quality Life
- Value for Skills
- Pathway to Canadian Citizenship
- Old age pension Scheme
- Right to live anywhere
- Settle with family
- Freedom to work
- Work right to spouse
- Free medical coverage