The Quebec Self-Employed category of Canada immigration was designed to allow qualified individuals the opportunity to obtain a Canada immigration (Permanent Resident) Visa provided that they can effectively establish themselves in the Province of Quebec by practicing a trade or profession for their own account.
To be eligible for this program, you must:
- Come to Quebec to create your own job by practicing a profession or trade on your own account.
- Have net assets of at least C$100,000 that have been legally obtained with, where applicable, your married or common-law spouse provided he or she is accompanying you
- Have at least two years of experience as a self-employed worker in the profession or trade you plan to practice in Québec.
Assessment of your application will also take into account other factors, such as:
- Your age and the age of your spouse, where applicable
- The nature and duration of your respective professional training
- Your language skills
- Your personal qualities and your knowledge of Quebec.