The USA has much to offer in terms of career growth and benefits for pharmacists along with a solid salary package.Pharmacists in the USA are well paid and are provided with extensive benefits by the APhA (American Pharmacists Association) like health plans, insurance, 401(k), memberships, etc., with an aim to uphold the health and financial wellness of the Pharmacist and their families.
AXIS OVERSEAS is a leading consultancy for medical professionals who are seeking jobs abroad. We are the best company in all of South Asia to facilitate Pharmacist jobs in USA, Canada, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. We are affiliated with the best hospitals overseas and have provided placements to about 1000 students and more.
However, getting around to becoming a register pharmacist in America can be quiet tasking.
REGISTRATION PROCESS FOR USA
NABP or National Association of Boards of Pharmacy is the body that oversees the registration and licensure for pharmacists in USA. Registration eligibility for Pharm D certified candidates only.
- Credential Verification, where all your documents will be verified to check your eligibility.
- Complete the TOEFL and FPGEE (Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Equivalency Examination) examinations.
- Take up an Internship as Pharmacy Technician (1500 hrs).
- Complete NAPLEX (North American Pharmacist Licensure Exam) and MPJE (Multistate Pharmacy Jurisprudence Examination).
On completing these steps you will be eligible to register as a Pharmacist in USA.
The Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Equivalency Examination or FPGEE, is one of the examinations required as part of the FPGEC Certification Program. One will have to clear the FPGEE evaluation process before appearing for the FPGEE exam.
It is a computerized 250-multiple-choice question examination administered over a five and half hour testing period. This examination is created to measure knowledge in four major pharmacy content areas:
Basic Biomedical Science – 10%
Pharmaceutical Science – 33%
Social, Behavioral, Administrative Pharmacy Science – 22%
Clinical Sciences – 35%
Candidates are allowed a maximum of five attempts at the exams. The FPGEE score report will be valid for a period of five years from the test date.
The exams are conducted twice every year during the months of April and October.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
The TOEFL IBT is the only English Language testing certificate that is considered by the Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Examination Committee (FPGEC). The minimum score for various sections on the tests should be:
It is important that these minimum scores are attained in one official score report.
On passing both the FPGEE and the TOEFL IBT and, after submission of all necessary documents to the FPGEC, you will receive the FPGEE certification.Almost all the states accept FPGEE certification for obtaining a pharmacist license. Each state may require pharmacy internship hours.However, you will be required to complete 1500 hours of internship before applying for the next step toward being a Pharmacist.
Before you can become a licensed pharmacist in the USA, you are required to pass the NAPLEX. This is the same pharmacy licensure exam that US graduates take.
NAPLEX consist of 250 multiple-choice questions and the duration of the exam is 4 hours and 15minutes.
The NAPLEX questions are divided in to two areas to test your knowledge, judgment and skill:
- Ensure Safe and Effective Pharmacotherapy and Health Outcomes – 67%
- Safe and Accurate Preparation, Compounding, Dispensing, and Administration of Medications and Provision of Health Care Products – 33%
On completing the NAPLEX there is the MPJE or Multistate Jurisprudence Exam. This exam tests your knowledge of pharmacy based on the requirements of individual states.
The MPJE consist of 120 MCQs and last four hours. The questions are divided to test three different areas:
- Pharmacy Practice – 83%
- Licensure, Registration, Certification, and Operational Requirements – 15%
- General Regulatory Processes – 2%
It is important to note that pharmacist can apply and be licensed in multiple states.
AXIS OVERSEAS SERVICES
- We will assist you with your queries and our services include
- Credential Verification
- VISA processing
- Coaching for TOEFL and FPGEE
- FPGEE Preparation Materials
- FPGEE Study Material TOEFL and MPJE Study Material
- App with 10,000 questions and a Tab
- Certification Courses
- Internship Assistance
- Placement Service