Studying in Malta
Malta has been successfully able to balance its obsession with its history and its modern outlook. Malta is renowned for being hospitable to foreign students arriving for higher studies. One of the unique features for students desirous of furthering their studies is that they can study in Malta without IELTS if they can provide sufficient proof of their English language ability of at least being at an intermediate level.
The unique Problem Based Learning or the PBL system encourages students to solve problems through practical approach towards learning as well as self-analysis that results from self-study and self-discipline. This also helps them to relax and do their studies rather than in a tense atmosphere.
Malta is unique as an island and this uniqueness is reflected in their higher education sector.
Students Visa Requirements
- Application Form duly filled in and signed by the applicant.
- Two recent Passport size photographs in color with white background (3.5cm x 4.5cm). Please do not staple the photographs to the Application Form.
- Passport/Travel document must:
Have a validity of at least 3 months after the intended stay.
Have been issued within the previous 10 years and the validity must not exceed 10 years.
Have at least 2 blank pages
All previous Passports must be presented
- Overseas Travel Medical Insurance valid for all Schengen Countries. The insurance has to cover the applicant for at least 30,000 Euros or equivalent, for all risks e.g. accident, illness, medical emergency, evacuation, etc. For this purpose, Insurance may only be purchased from one of 16 Schengen recognized Insurance Companies in India. Travel Itinerary with dates (for less than 90-day courses include return flights). Once the Visa is approved, a confirmed return flight ticket may be requested prior to Visa being issued.
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover all expenses (tuition fee and daily expenses) during the study period. The funds may be under the parents/legal guardian’s name.
- Proof of Accommodation
- Originals and 1 copy of the Educational Certificates apostilled by the Indian Ministry of External Affairs.
- Letter from the Educational Institute in Malta stating that the applicant has been offered a place in the course.
- One (1) photocopy of the applicant’s entire passport/s.
- Notarized No Objection Certificate from both parents if the applicant is a minor.