The requirements for an Australia Skilled Visa are as follows:
- Age – you must be under 45 when you apply.
- English language – you should have sufficient ability in the English language to work in Australia (at least at a competent level).
- Nominated occupation – when you apply you nominate a skilled occupation, which fits your skills and qualifications. This occupation must be found on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List.
- Skills assessment – before you apply, you must have your skills assessed by the Australian assessing authority designated to assess your nominated occupation (which will usually have specific qualifications requirements).
- Health assessment – you should be of reasonably good health and all applicants must have their health assessed by a panel doctor and undergo a medical examination; and
- Character assessment – you should be of good character and this too will be assessed.
If you are unable to meet the new visa Basic Requirements and pass the Points Test, then you should not continue with a General Skilled Migration to Australia application.